Working at Capella Washington, D.C. has opened my eyes to so many local activities, meet-ups, eateries, venues, historical monuments, unique people and much more. This month I am most eager to welcome the next generation of university students as the approaching move-in weekends near. Capella DC is conveniently located approximately ten minutes from native Georgetown Universities, and a short drive from other major colleges like American University. As a matter a fact, you can actually view the historic Georgetown University campus from the rooftop of Capella! Each of these universities represents so much of the history of Georgetown, D.C. and our entire country. I can’t imagine a more vibrant location to learn, experience and understand the world than right here in the nation’s capital!
I remember this time last year when our initial team began preparing for the grand opening of Capella DC. News of the upcoming fall semester was spreading quickly and as the weeks went on I remember spotting local students walking the streets of Georgetown, back-to-school shopping and of course breaking for ice cream at one of the local shops on M Street and Wisconsin Avenue.
I know that moving to college can be slightly stressful and frantic, so here are my tips for you to think about as your semester approaches:
1. Pack lightly and try not to move EVERYTHING you own until you have truly determined the level of space and storage you have available in your place. There is always time to make purchases after the move is complete rather than buying everything ahead of time.
2. Remember to have fun while moving and un-packing! I remember the day of my college move-in my mother made a short video capturing all of our moments together. This process might seem like a pain, but looking back I know we made great memories that I will forever cherish.
To celebrate and help you cherish this moment, I’m excited to share a very special offer, exclusively for parents and students coming to Washington D.C. this August! Enjoy your last weekend of summer in style with Capella Washington D.C.’s University Move-In Special, which includes:
- A welcome amenity bag that includes a Capella journal, pen, water bottle, laundry bag, first aid kit and a personalized Capella magnet with emergency numbers and direct line to your Capella DC Personal Assistant
- Sport’s Sack
- $50 gas card presented upon check-out
- Daily Continental Breakfast for three in The Grill Room
- Overnight parking
- Upgrade upon check-in (based on availability)
Parents and family traveling to D.C. now have an amazing opportunity to stay in a hotel that is local, personalized and professionally staffed by your Personal Assistant to manage all the weekend arrangements.
I look forward to hearing about your story! Share your experience and photos with me during your stay on Instagram @CapellaDC!