Valentine’s Day sets the perfect tone for February, making it the ultimate month of romance. Whether cozied up in cold weather or adventuring in the sun, I love having an excuse to give romance the attention it deserves. Of course, here in St. Lucia, every time of year offers countless opportunities to celebrate love. In the spirit of February and Valentine’s Day, I’d like to share with you my top five favorite romantic activities in St. Lucia!
1. Nothing says romance quite like sharing a glass of champagne with your loved one. Now add to the equation Capella Marigot Bay’s signature plunge pools and I think you’ll agree with me that clinking glasses in the relaxing warm jet streams of your suite’s private hot tub is one of those private personal moments to be remembered and cherished.
2. Sharing thrilling adventures with my significant other is a must on my romance to-do list. That’s why a helicopter ride around St. Lucia makes the cut! It is the perfect blend of thrill-seeking and awe-inspiring beauty. Amidst the rush that comes from skimming above the Pitons, there are plenty of opportunities for adorable couple selfies and jaw-dropping landscape photos that will make your Facebook friends swoon! For example:
3. Spending some quality time in Auriga spa is my favorite way to recuperate and pamper myself after a day of adventuring. Making it a couple’s massage is the perfect way to elevate levels of romance by experiencing ultra relaxation together!
4. Sunsets are the epitome of quintessential romantic activities. There’s something about the simplicity of the setting sun coupled with the brilliance of the sky that causes us all to take a moment and appreciate the beauty of life. Watching the sunset by boat while on the Caribbean takes it to a whole new level. Thankfully, the Marina never has any shortage of sunset-related boating activities. I’m a big fan of the catamaran sunset cruise because it’s the perfect blend of private and social. You’ll get lost in the sunset together and then spend some time dancing, laughing and drinking with new friends.
5. The best way to end a day of romance is with the perfect dinner. I love the private canopied treehouse lit by candlelight. I’m lucky to have enjoyed many romantic dinners, but this experience exceeded every expectation I’ve ever had about what it means to share great food with your favorite person in the world in a setting that helps you fall in love all over again.
I hope I’ve provided you with some romantic inspiration for this month of love! If you’re interested in setting up any of these activities- whatever the time of year- your Capella Personal Assistant will be able to arrange everything. Don’t hesitate to let us know! In the mean time, I wish you a full month of unparalleled romance.