Capella Ixtapa is located in a unique and beautiful area of Guerrero, Mexico. Blending into the lush green backdrop of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo lies along a hilly tropical coastline and is surrounded by dozens of white sandy beaches. I am fortunate to live in a paradise that blends two diverse destinations into one. Ixtapa is a modern, master planned resort town with perfectly maintained landscaping, vanguard architectural design and services, a luxurious Marina with yachts from all parts of the world, exclusive residential areas, boutiques and two 18-hole, designer golf courses. Meanwhile, Zihuatanejo is a charming traditional fishing village, rich in folklore and history and complete with its harbor, market, townsquare, beaches and main street. Though the two towns have their differences in habitat and style, they share that same wonderful sense of Mexican hospitality.
Both of the towns and the hotel offer a myriad of opportunities to explore the area and enjoy its surroundings. In this blog post I list some of my colleagues’ and my favorite activities in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo. If you are interested in any, please send us an email, we’d be happy to organize the experience during your visit to Capella Ixtapa:
– A visit to Barra de Potosí: This small beachside village has endless fine-sand beaches and a large lagoon brimming with bird life. You can swim, take boat trips, rent a kayak and paddle around the estuary or go horseback riding.
– Golfing: Golf courses in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo are carved into some of the most stunning landscapes that you have seen, designed to seamlessly blend in with natural landscape. Capella Ixtapa guests are granted access to the best area courses to enjoy during a golf vacation in Mexico.
– Deep-Sea or Small Game Fishing Trips: Go deep-sea fishing with experienced and local captain and crew for Marlin, Sailfish, Dorado or Tuna. While small-game fishing, you can reel in Bonita, Yellow Fin Tuna, Snapper, and many others.
– Cook Your Own Catch: Bring your catch back to the hotel, and our Chef will prepare a delicious feast for you (you can even help the Chef prepare your lunch or dinner with a personalized cooking tutorial!).
– Private Picnic on the Beach: Enjoy this lunch Oceanside listening to the sound of the waves crushing on the cliffs or in the privacy of your suite.
– Swimming and Snorkeling at Ixtapa Island or Las Gatas beach: both beaches offer one of the best snorkeling experiences in the Pacific area. The Ixtapa Island (our General Manager’s favorite spot to swim and relax) has four different beaches to explore and enjoy, and Las Gatas Beach will enchant you with its white coral sand beach and crystalline water.
– Sunset Cruise: Experience Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo from the Ocean, and enjoy the sunset with a grand view of the hotel zone of Ixtapa.
– Shopping and City Tour: Take those postcard perfect pictures and shop for traditional Mexican artisan souvenirs.
– Zihuatanejo Market (or a visit with our Chef): A small town market is a place where the sentiment of old Mexican tradition of “trade” still lives on, el Mercado is a place where farmers meet and sell their goods. Experience the stalls full of colors, textures and smells where you’ll be able to buy some of the freshest fish, meat and produce. You can accompany our Chef during his trip to the market and once you arrive back at the Hotel, you can join the Chef in the kitchen for cooking lessons using your purchases, and enjoy your creations in your private lunch set up overlooking the Pacific.
– Swimming with Dolphins: A favorite activity with both children and adults; swim with dolphins and learn about these amazing mammals.
– Horse Back Riding: Ride along the beach at Playa Larga or trot along picturesque countryside trails throughout our mountain ranch tour.
– Canopy Tour: Enjoy a family adventure that provides just the right mix of fun, physical challenges and pure adrenaline rush. There are different high ropes activities such as hanging and moving bridges, ladders, and zip lines up to 250 meters long and 30 meters high that allow you to fly through the trees.
We also have some fantastic activities on property, including:
Capella Signature Margarita Making Classes
Educational Tequila Tasting
Mexican Wine Pairing Dinner
Mexican Cooking Classes
For more information on any of the above mentioned activities – or any other activity you are interested in doing in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo please contact our Personal Assistant at email@example.com or call them at +52 755 55 5 11 00. Your PA looks forward to helping you experience Capella Ixtapa and our beautiful Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo!