December is here and with it the most festive and traditional season of the year! This is also the month with the most visitors to our town, and the month when my Capella Pedregal colleagues and I receive many questions from our guests about what to do in Cabo San Lucas. If you are planning your trip to our small piece of paradise, I hope you find my list of things to do in Cabo San Lucas useful!
- Whale watching – a unique Baja experience from December to March. You can enjoy whale watching from your Capella Pedregal suite, pool, or beach, or join a whale watching tour.
- Baby turtle releases– each year, turtles come to our beaches to lay eggs. You can participate in a baby turtle release and watch the hatchlings make their first journey to the sea.
- Swim with dolphins, or become a dolphin trainer for a day – just steps from Capella Pedregal you can spend time with these beautiful and gentle animals. Ask your Capella Pedregal Personal Assistant for more details.
- Enjoy Los Cabos’s unspoiled beaches – spend the day at some of our most popular swimmable beaches: Medano beach, Santa Maria bay, El Chileno bay; or visit La Paz for many swimmable beaches.
For The Romantics:
- Sunset Cruise – enjoy the view of Cabo San Lucas from the sea at a wine and jazz tour, or other sunset cruises.
- Picnic or Private Dinner on The Beach – our team will help you create a wonderful experience with a romantic setup and delicious treats that will help you enjoy and cherish the moments together with your loved one.
- Cooking classes and/or margarita making classes – two of our most popular and fun classes; learn to make dishes that you can share with friends and family.
- Wine or tequila tasting– visit our wine and spirits cellar and learn more about the wines and try some of our Wine Director’s favorites. Or learn about the history of tequila. You can taste the many varieties and pick your favorite!
For Ocean Lovers:
- Surfing, SUP, kayaking, kiteboarding – Baja is the best place to engage in water sports. If you are skilled or ready to learn, experienced professionals will teach you any sport you’d like!
- Snorkeling and diving – Jacques Cousteau named the Sea of Cortez “The Aquarium of the World” for a reason! Explore the rich sea world of Baja in any of the numerous snorkeling and diving spots from Cabo San Lucas to Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park and beyond.
- Visit Baja’s islands – visit UNESCO protected and uninhabited island Espiritu Santo, Coromuel island and others, and explore these beautiful remote places of Baja.
For The Adventurous:
- Explore the Baja desert on ATVs – go deep into the desert with guided tours and live Baja as never seen before!
- Swim in the hot springs of Santiago – nestled in the Sierra de La Laguna mountain range, a protected biosphere, these hot springs are a true gem for nature and adventure lovers.
- Explore adjacent towns like San Jose del Cabo, Todos Santos, Los Barriles, La Ribera, El Triunfo, La Paz, and others – each of the towns will charm you in its own way.
For more ideas and recommendations for things to do in Cabo San Lucas and Baja California Sur, please email Capella Pedregal’s Personal Assistants with your desires and needs. They will be able to help you plan and organize your ultimate Baja experience!
Have you visited Cabo San Lucas and/or Baja yet? I would love to hear about your favorite activities in the comments below.