Today I was spending my lunch break with a good friend of mine who has never been to Düsseldorf before, but stopped by for a visit. To cut a long story short, while we were sitting there talking she suddenly said to me: “Well, you know. I like Düsseldorf already, but I don’t know anything about the city. What is there to do here or what makes it special?” I immediately began to list the many reasons to visit Düsseldorf. I realized that others may also be interested in my list, so I thought it appropriate I share them here!
Your Breidenbacher Hof Insider’s Top Ten Reasons To Visit Düsseldorf:
- Shopping on Königsallee.
- The “longest bar in the world” located in Old Town.
- Great Restaurants for the discerning foodie.
- Beautiful setting on the Rhine.
- Outdoor friendly environment with great parks and paths (perfect for picnics and biking!).
- Lots of Events including everything from “Jazz Rally” concerts to “Night of the Museums” art events.
- Rich in Culture and History (The city dates back to 1135!).
- International, especially Japanese influence (food, art, culture) thanks to a large Japanese population.
- Small Districts with unique character, perfect for exploration.
- Fantastic Seasonal Events such as carnival, the fun fair and our Christmas markets.
So tell me, in which activity/activities would you like participate? Is there anything you would add to the list of top reasons to visit Düsseldorf?