Since the reopening of our Brasserie “1806” not just the design has changed, but also the menu received a new concept. Regional and French cuisine – with a lot of individuality. And when it comes to individuality, our Executive Chef Michael Reinhardt has a lot to offer. As for example the ‘Coq au Riesling‘, his very own creation, which resembles the French classic ‘Coq au vin’. And as I wanted to know how he makes this cooks this great dish I watched him preparing it and brought you the recipe.
|4 Marensin chicken from the „Fermiers Landais“
½ bottle of Riesling wine
50ml cider vinegar
1. Starting with the Spaetzle, mix the flour, the eggs and the water and spice the dough with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Blend all ingredients properly. As soon as the dough is getting firm use your hand to knead it even further until it creates big bubbles.
2. Boil salted water in a spacious pot. Now take a small wet cutting board and place the dough on it. Use a scoop to shave the dough into the water and leave them cooking until they swim on the surface. Take them out of the water, hold them under cold water for a couple of seconds and place them on a cloth.
3. For the salad dressing, place all ingredients in a blender, mix them accurately and season the dressing. Wash and dry the wild herbs salad.
4. Spice the chicken breasts and fry them in a casserole until they are crisp and crusty on all sides. Place them on a plate in the oven and leave them there at a temperature of 75°C. Cut the mushrooms in quarters and slightly fry them in the same casserole you used for the meat. Cut the onions in small pieces and blend them with the mushrooms.
5. Now deglaze the vegetables with the Riesling and add the poultry stock. Leave it cooking until it is reduced to half the amount. When accomplished, insert the cream and repeat the process. Use some of the salt, pepper and lemon juice to spice the sauce.
6. Slightly fry the young spinach in a small amount of olive oil until a soft texture is reached. Season it with salt and pepper.
7. The chicken breast should be ready after 20 minutes. For more aroma and taste pour some fresh butter over the chicken breast so it marinates slightly.
8. Take a plate and place the spinach on it followed by slices of the chicken. Then pour a generous amount of sauce over both. To finalize your delicious meal garnish it with grated Périgord truffle and some parsley.