Capella’s Canon Card

If you’ve had a chance to visit the About Us page here on the Capella blog, then you may have read our Zeitgeist.  But did you know this is only one element of our Canon Card?

In addition to our Zeitgeist, the Canon Card also contains Capella Hotels & Resorts mission statement, service standards and the canon itself.  Not only does every employee have access to the card, but it is also something that is considered part of our uniform. That’s right, regardless of title every member of the Capella team is expected to carry a Canon Card.

The Card is exactly that, a card with eight faces that folds up to the size of a business card.  The Canon is our law.  It aligns each of us behind the philosophy that is Capella and is an integral part of our philosophy.  This system speaks to our integrity and our value systems.  It is so central that at every property and even here in the corporate offices, we begin every shift with a meeting where an element of the card is discussed.  This is an opportunity to be continually reminded of who we are and what is expected of us.

I love the practice of lineup as well as the card, because they are a reminder that we all share a common goal and a road map for how to achieve it.  I am just as connected to a dishwasher at Capella Singapore as I am to an executive assistant at Breidenbacher Hof, A Capella Hotel—even though I am based out of our corporate office in Atlanta, Georgia!  We all have ownership in making sure that the services we provide are unmatched.

I wanted to share the Canon Card so that everyone could get a better idea of what it means to be part of this team.

It is difficult to read the Canon Card here, but I do intend to discuss some of the elements in the future, so please stay tuned!

1. Joy Feliciano says:

Kindly email a clear copy of the Canon Card to the address provided.

Kind Regards,
    Joy Feliciano

2. Prof Mihir Nayak says:

Could you please email me a copy of your Canon Card so that I can use it to show my students ?

3. Andy Vanica says:

Please send me a copy of the Canon Card. Thank you!

4. Jason Podollan says:

I would appreciate a copy of Capella’s Canon. Thank you

5. Katsunori Antoku says:

I have stayed at Ayana, Bali last month.
    I was really impressed with the overall operation of the property.
    As I am teaching hotel management at Nagasaki International University in Japan, I would appreciate if you could let me have a clear text of the Canon.
    Thank you in advance for your kind attention,
    Katsunori Antoku

6. Jody Smith says:

Please email a copy of your cannon card to me. I am trying to assist the owner of a hotel development project. I used to work for Melrose on Daufuskie island with Jon Russell. Your guest standards are what he is hoping to achieve and I loved the way your company empowered the employees and gave us the feeling of a united team.

Yours truly,
    Jody Smith

7. Davon Robb says:

Thank you for sharing! I would love a copy of the Canon Card.

8. I had the good fortune to hear Horst Schulze speak at the 2015 Global Leadership Summit. Outstand-ing! Please email a copy of your canon card to me. Thank you very much.

Bill Sewell

9. Todd Backer says:

I heard your presentation at the 2015 Global Leadership Summit and thought the principles were directly applicable to our company, now 70 years old, that was built on the foundation of customer service. Please send a copy of the canon to me. Love to have you stop by and visit next time you are in the MN / WI area.

10. Jerry Butler says:

Request copy of CANON CARD. Thank You

11. Cindy Vandermause says:

I just heard Horst Schulze speak at the Global Leadership Summit. He inspired me to be better at what I do in my role as the Guest Relations Director. I would love a copy of the Canon Card. Thank you!

12. Dear Sirs,

I heard Mr. Horst Schulze speak at the Global Leadership Summit last week and am hoping to get a soft copy of this canon for a meeting our Leadership is holding this Saturday. I’ve tried to use the pictures above, but they are too small. I’m hoping you can help. Thank you.

Christina Alo
    Executive Assistant, New Beginnings Community Church (NBCC)

13. Please send a copy of the Canon Card. Thank you.

• Brian Best says:

Any update on this? I noticed that I’ve been “awaiting moderation” for several days. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?

• Capella Hotels Insider says:

Apologies, your email ended up in my spam filter. You will be receiving an email shortly! Best!